The retail environment has a significant impact on community health. Research suggests changing the retail environment can help prevent chronic disease. The following are resources on what you need to get started, how to conduct an assessment, and what to do with the information collected.
- Video: Counter Tobacco's "War in the Store: Why Retail Tobacco Control is Important"
- Presentation: Counter Tobacco's "Why Point of Sale Matters"
- ChangeLab Solutions' Point of Sale Playbook provides an overview of the "four P's of tobacco marketing: place, price, product, and promotion
- WRAP (Wisconsin Retail Assessment Project) Guide
- WRAP Assessment Tool: Audit Center Assessment
- WRAP Tobacco Training Powerpoint (Data Collector Training)
- WRAP Alcohol and Food Training Powerpoint
- Store Audit Center FAQ
- Store Audit Center Manual
- STARS Assessment Tool
- STARS Training Powerpoint
- STARS Pocket Guide
For More Information
If you have a question or would like more information about retail environments, please contact: