In 2012, a national initiative for tobacco-free college campuses was launched. Making tobacco use a difficult choice on post-secondary campuses is one way we can work to reduce tobacco use.
Working with Spark
Spark is a statewide program that offers 18-24 year olds an opportunity to educate peers, community leaders, and decision makers that tobacco is a threat to the health of all individuals. Spark's mission is to ignite change and reduce the deadly impact of tobacco by advocating for tobacco-free campuses and policy change surrounding tobacco issues.
- Spark Advocacy Guide
- Spark Sample Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
- Spark Other Tobacco Products Presentation
- Issue Look - Tobacco 21.pdf
- Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults, A report of the Surgeon General
- The Toll of Tobacco in Wisconsin
- Hookah Factsheets
-Spark Hookah Factsheet
-American Lung Association - Hookah Smoking: A Growing Threat to Public Health