This toolkit contains adaptable resources from Wisconsin's local tobacco control coalitions and state and national partners to assist you in organizing, managing and communicating with your coalition and the public.
Use the resources here to fine-tune and shape your coalition.
- Sample Coalition Structure
- Coalition By-Law Examples (CAHL , Southwest Alliance , and W3TFL ).
- Learn some ins and outs with the Effectively Convening Your Coalition Tip Sheet.
- One on One Packet - NYC Organizing Support Center
- One-on-One Worksheet
- Sector Planning and Engagement Pyramid
- Coalition Member Engagement Worksheet
- Utilize current members' networks as a way to recruit new members: Circle of Influence Exercise.
- Collect info from your members through a Coalition Membership Application (WAATPN).
- Distribute orientation information in a new member packet - New Member Packet Sample.
- Keep track of everyone with this Supporter List Template.
- Hold a Community Event to identify new supporters.
- Get some advice from the Managing and Engaging Your Coalition List Tip Sheet.
- Send a Coalition Feedback Postcard (South Central) to assist in engagement.
- Get tips on How to Conduct a Community Appreciation Event to say thanks.
- Utilize a survey to involve coalition members in decision-making.
Keep in touch with your members through consistent communication, whether it be by newsletter, website, or social media.
Find organization's websites and social media links in the Connect section.
- Newsletters. Send to coalition or distribute the community. Check out these newsletter tips and best practices.
- Websites. Share news, contact info, forms, calendars, etc. all in one place.
- Social media. Update your group quickly and reach into their social networks. Like or follow fellow tobacco coalitions to get ideas for content.